The Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn is committed to offering the most comfortable and user-friendly accessibility experience while you stay with us in our seaside haven, hugged on three sides by Agate Beach State Park of Newport, Oregon. You can relax upon arrival knowing our highly trained and experienced staff is available to ensure you enjoy everything the hotel and the surrounding heart of the Oregon coastal region have to offer. We are a legacy hotel, built in 1980, and we have worked diligently with ADA guidelines to provide accessibility in our spaces and enhance our guest experience. For additional information on accessibility features, please contact us directly at (541) 265-9411.
General accessibility features of the property include:
- Two dedicated accessible car parking spaces.
- Four dedicated accessible van parking spaces.
- 40-inch wide upper parking lot (sky bridge) entry door.
- Five-foot wide pathways from accessible parking spaces to hotel main entrance.
- Front desk is 20 feet from accessible hotel entrance.
- Automatically-opening main door with 46-inch width.
- Front desk access close to main entrance.
- Lowered counter space at front desk.
- 59-inch wide interior hallways.
- 45-inch wide elevator doors.
- Wheelchair available upon request.
- Braille information on elevator controls, room access panels, and common area room entries.
- Ability to accept special packages in advance for medical needs.
- Licensed service animals allowed.
- TTY phones available.
- Step stools available.
- Strobe and audible smoke/carbon monoxide alarms in common areas.
- Closed-captioned TVs in common areas.
- Main floor access to:
- Swimming pool.
- Business center.
- Fitness center.
- Guest laundry.
- Ice, Vending & Sundries Shop.
Accessible guestroom features include:
- 35-inch guestroom entry doorways.
- 260-square foot guestrooms.
- Bed height no greater than 26 inches.
- 30 inches on all sides of bed.
- 30 inches between beds (for rooms with multiple beds).
- Bathrooms with a minimum of 38 square feet of floor space.
- Select guestrooms feature roll-in showers
- Removable bath/shower seats, with the top of the seats between 17 and 19 inches above the bath/shower floor.
- Grab bars on bath control wall and back wall of shower/tub.
- Grab bars to the side and behind and above toilet.
- Removable shower wands.
- Toilets 17-20 inches high from bathroom floor to seat.
- Unobstructed sinks.
- Telephone ring indicator.
- Assistive listening devices available at front desk.
- Lowered peep holes.
- Lowered thermostats.
- Curtain control extenders.
- Lowered closet rods.
- Button controls for lights and ceiling fans.
- Strobe smoke detectors in ADA guestrooms
Accessible property routes include:
- From entrance to registration desk:
- Enter the hotel from the main entrance on the second floor.
- From entrance to guestrooms:
- All accessible rooms are located on the second floor, which is also where the main entrance and registration desk are located.
- From entrance to meeting/banquet facilities:
- Enter the hotel at the main entrance, turn left, go past the registration desk and take a right, where you will find the elevators located on the right. Proceed to the first floor and the main banquet facility is located straight ahead.
- From entrance to business center:
- Enter the hotel at the main entrance, turn left, go past the registration desk. The business center is located on the left. Work desk height is 28 inches.
- From entrance to the Sea Glass Bistro & Lounge:
- Enter the hotel at the main entrance, turn left, go past the registration desk and take a right, where you will find the elevators located on the right. Proceed to the first floor. Take an immediate right to the accessible elevator entrance. Take the elevator down to the restaurant level where you will be greeted by staff.
- From entrance to swimming pool:
- Enter the hotel at the main entrance, turn left, go past the registration desk and turn left. The pool is at the end of the second floor hallway. The pool door is 35 inches wide. There is a lift located next to the pool. The pool restroom is accessible.
- From entrance to fitness center:
- Enter the hotel at the main entrance, turn left, go past the registration desk and turn right. The fitness center is on the immediate right.
Additional accessibility features include:
The staff at the Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn is committed to ensuring the best possible and most comfortable experience at our legacy oceanfront property. Here are examples of modifications our team members are trained to make:
- Remove additional furniture from the room (like chairs or tables) to create more open space.
- Refrigerate medication while your room is being prepared.
- Provide an extension cord to allow for easier access to electricity.
We wish to ensure the best experience for all of our guests. Please don't hesitate to reach the front desk at (541) 265-9411 with any questions.
Legacy features of our hotel and accessibility:
- Main beach access doors are not ADA accessible due to multiple stairs to the beach.
- Alternate beach access routes:
- Take the Banquet Ocean View hallway on the first floor. This includes a steep grade and speed bump.
- Use Agate Beach Park, below the hotel. This park has a parking lot and offers beach views. Sand access depends on weather and tidal conditions.
Fire pit and patio fire tables:
- Use the Banquet Ocean View hallway to access the fire pit area. Please note the fire pit is surrounded by sand.
- Patio fire tables are accessible through the Sea Glass Bistro & Lounge.
- The entrance is accessible, however, the treadmill and stair climbing machines lack 36-inch access or T-turn. Recumbent bicycle and weight machine are accessible.